December 21, 2021
For the purpose of this Policy, "Information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. This includes Information you provide or generated when you use Saasmanager. When you use Saasmanager, you accept and understand we collect, process, use and store your Information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you must not use Saasmanager. If you change your mind in the future, you must stop using Saasmanager and you may exercise your rights in relation to your Information as set out in this Policy.
1. Information we collect
We will collect and use the following Information about you:
Information you provide to us
- Registration information: for example, when you create an account, you will be asked to provide your first name, last name, email and a password.
- Information collected via voluntary activities: for example, when you communicate with us via email, or participate in surveys, we ask you to provide your email address and any Information you choose to provide to allow us to assist you. The Information we collect from you varies depending on the survey, but we typically ask you questions about your interests and habits, and what you'd like to be offered in the future. We also collect your ratings, opinions, preferences, questions, pictures, and responses associated with that survey.
- Information collected via emails that are sent to the shared inbox: emails forwarded to your Saasmanager email address will be processed and stored by Saasmanager in order to create your shared inbox. These emails might include personal information, such as names or email addresses.
Information we automatically collect or is generated about you when using Saasmanager
Identifiers, such as your IP address, device ID, and device information (such as model, brand and operating system).
Information you generate when using Saasmanager: You may provide Information as part of your use of Saasmanager, including any information you provide when sending messages through Saasmanager. Also, if you choose to share and collaborate on an organization with your co-workers or friends, we will collect the email address of your co-workers or friends.
Please make sure you have permission from your co-workers or friends before sharing Information referring to your co-workers or friends with us.
Information regarding your use of Saasmanager, such as interactions with our team.
Information received from third parties
- Information we receive from third party platforms: when you connect other apps to Saasmanager (such as Slack), we receive Information which may include your username and email address.
2. How we use your personal information
We use your Information to: Provide you with Saasmanager. We will use your Information to perform our contractual obligation towards you to allow you to create an account and use Saasmanager. The Information we process when doing so includes your registration information, information you provide to us when using Saasmanager, identifiers and information you generate when using Saasmanager.
- Improve and monitor Saasmanager. It is in our legitimate interests to improve Saasmanager for our users. When doing so, we may collect information we automatically collect or is generated about you when you use Saasmanager, as well as non-personal information about your device such as device manufacturer, model and operating system, and the amount of free space on your device.
- Provide you with support and to respond to your requests or complaints. If you reach out to us for support, we will use your Information to respond to and resolve your queries and complaints and facilitate support (e.g. retrieval of a forgotten password). When doing so, we perform our contractual obligation towards you. The Information we process when doing so includes your registration information, your identifiers, and any other information about you collected via our customer support channels.
- Conduct analytics. It is in our legitimate interests to analyse the use of, and any other interaction or interest in Saasmanager. When doing so we will process information we automatically collect or is generated about you when you use Saasmanager to create anonymised and aggregated data regarding your usage.
- Prevent fraud, defend Saasmanager against legal claims or disputes, enforce our terms and to comply with our legal obligations. It is in our legitimate interest to protect our interests by (1) monitoring the use of Saasmanager to detect fraud or any other user behaviour which prejudices the integrity of Saasmanager, (2) taking steps to remedy aforementioned fraud and behaviour, (3) defending ourselves against legal claims or disputes, and (4) enforcing our terms and policies. When doing so, we will process the Information relevant in such a case, including information you provide us, information we automatically collect about you, and information which is provided to us by third parties.
- Conduct surveys. From time to time, we may ask you to participate in surveys we conduct which are in our legitimate interest because they help us understand our userbase and improve Saasmanager. If you participate, we process your registration information and any other information collected through the survey questions.
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. They contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: Some cookies are strictly necessary to make Saasmanager available to you; for example, to perform your login functionality and for user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with Saasmanager without this type of cookies.
Functional cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to Saasmanager. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by setting your internet browser to block some or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to use Saasmanager.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after maximum 2 years.
4. Who we share your personal information with
We share your Information with selected third parties, including:
Other users who will see your profile information and any other information you choose to share with them through Saasmanager.
Vendors and service providers we rely on for the provision of Saasmanager, for example:
Cloud service providers who we rely on for data storage, including Amazon Web Services which is based in the U.S.;
Customer support solution providers, who help us manage and respond to our customer questions and complaints. This includes Intercom Inc., which is based in the U.S. and which hosts our customer support function; and
Analytics providers. We work with a number of analytics, segmentation and mobile measurement service providers who help us understand our userbase. This includes Google LLC, which is based in the U.S. You can learn about Google's practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third Parties Service Integrations. When you connect third party apps to Saasmanager, you authorize us to share designated information and data created and/or uploaded by you to our server with these third party services of your choice on your behalf.
Communications platform providers, who help us manage and send newsletters to you in relation to Saasmanager. This includes MailerLite which is based in the U.S.
Law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other judicial bodies and organisations. We disclose Information if we are legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to comply with a legal obligation, process or request; enforce our terms of service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof; detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection).
Change of corporate ownership. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganisation, partnership, asset sale or other transaction, we may disclose your Information as part of that transaction.
5. Where we store your information
Your Information will be processed by our employees and service providers in the E.U. and the U.S. We take steps to ensure all transfers are protected by adequate safeguards, including the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
6. How long we store your information
Your Information is kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes set out above. Generally, it is stored for as long as you are registered and using Saasmanager, and then for up to 6 years from the date you stop using Saasmanager, or promptly following a valid erasure request (see below _ Your Rights: Erasure _ section). Some information we collect will be stored for longer where we have an overriding legitimate interest to retain such information (for example, information on suspicious behaviour of certain users of Saasmanager and transaction records).
When deleting Information, we will take measures to make the Information irrecoverable or irreproducible, and electronic files which contain Information will be deleted permanently.
7. Your rights
If you are based in the EEA, you have certain rights in relation to your Information. You will find more information below on when which rights can apply. To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access. You have the right to access Information, and to receive an explanation of how we use it and who we share it with.
Erasure. You have the right to delete your account and erase your Information and upon deleting your account, all your Information will be removed from our production systems. Usually, only an encrypted copy of your Information will remain on our backup archives for 90 days, although we reserve the right to retain some of your Information where there are valid grounds for us to do so under data protection laws. For example, for the defence of legal claims, respect freedom of expression, or where we have an overriding legitimate interest to do so.
Note that where the Information is held by a third party data controller, such as a payment processor, we will use reasonable steps to inform them of your request, but we recommend you contact them directly in accordance with their own privacy policies to ensure your personal data is erased.
Objection. You may have the right to object to our processing of you Information. This is the case where we process such Information on the basis of our legitimate interests (see above under _ How we use your personal information _ section), or where the Information is used for direct marketing purposes. You may exercise this right as follows:
To stop receiving marketing newsletters: You may withdraw your consent through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of each communication.
To stop our cookies being placed for either advertising or analytics purposes: please change your device or browser settings.
To object to all other processing based on our legitimate interests, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may have an overriding legitimate interest to keep processing your Information, but we will let you know where this is the case.
You also have the following rights:
- Portability. You have the right to receive a copy of Information we process on the basis of consent or contract in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request that such Information is transferred to a third party.
- Correction. You have the right to correct any Information held about you that is inaccurate.
- Restriction. You have a right in certain circumstances to stop us processing Information other than for storage purposes.
8. Contact & complaints
If you wish to make a complaint about how we process your Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to deal with your complaint as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with a data protection authority.
Waldeck Pyrmontsingel 12
6521 BC Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Email address: email@example.com
Chamber of Commerce number: 78091438
VAT number: NL0062641955
If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will post the updated Policy here and notify our users through Saasmanager and/or newsletters. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.